Updated: Feb 11, 2022
I recently purchased madeleine pans and was stoked to bake with them. Madeleines are so delicate and divine. I decided to try out the lemon madeleine recipe first. My recipe is adapted from the Ricardo recipe. This makes 24 madeleines.
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and lemon zest for 5 minutes.
3. Fold in dry ingredients using a whisk. Then fold in butter. Cover the mixture and allow it to set in the fridge. You can let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F and grease and flour 2 pans.
5. Fill each mold 3/4 full. Bake for 7-8 minutes until madeleines are golden brown.
6. Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.