I’ve been playing around with the idea of baking with matcha powder for a long time and finally took the plunge. It took two trials with no recipe and the end product was perfectly balanced!
The first time I played around with the ingredients, I used too much butter and possibly other ingredients. The second time I adjusted the quantity of butter and the ratio of baking soda. So without further ado, here is the recipe I created.
1 cup of flour
1/8 tsp of baking soda
2 tsp matcha powder
1 large egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and matcha powder.
3. In another bowl, whisk the egg until frothy.
4. Mix in the sugar and butter into the egg.
5. Mix the the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until a dough forms.
6. Roll out tablespoon sized balls and place them 1-inch apart.
7. Bake 8 minutes (8 - 10 minutes depending on your oven).
Chill and enjoy!