Updated: May 3, 2020
I received this recipe from a colleague a few years back and they are the softest cookies. If you love ginger snaps, you will love these delicious cookies.
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line two baking trays.
2. Mix butter, molasses, brown sugar and egg together.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until well blended.
4. Form dough into small tbsp balls and roll in coarse sugar or cane sugar. Place onto cookie trays about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.